body { background-image:"http://postimg.org/image/nzo5iurfj/" }

Monday, January 20, 2014

Snow (Jan. 6th - 10th)

We did so many things during this week, that I wasn't able to catch up with all the pictures that I took. I decided to just do pictures that pertained to my lesson plans.

That weekend it had snowed, and we had a record breaking freeze so it was too cold to take the kids out in the snow. So Monday I brought the snow inside for them to play with instead, for our sensory activity. It also turned out to be our science activity too because we were able to watch the snow melt in our hands, then eventually on our table.




We even made our own snowman family!

Ares then made a snowman of himself and his cousin Camden.

Then a T-Rex ate some of our snow family, but Ares' snow person smashed it and saved the day!

After this snow melted, we got new snow and made chocolate snow ice cream! I took a couple recipes I found online and matched it with what I had to make it work.

Ingredients:
1 gallon fresh snow
2 cups chocolate milk
1 cup confectioner sugar
Drizzle a little chocolate syrup in there if you want
Mix it all together and you got Chocolate Snow Ice Cream!

The kids loved helping make it!



And of course eating it too!



On Tuesday night I had Ares practice his reading skills with his sisters. He usually just reads to me, so I thought he would like a new audience this time around. The girls LOVED Ares reading to them! I have never seen them sit so still together for a whole book! Ares did a great job reading too! He is improving so much!


On Wednesday afternoon I had the girls paint snow before it all melted. We took two tubs of snow, and then I fixed 3 different cups of water that I mixed different shades of food coloring in. This time around I used pink, purple, and green. They squeezed a little of each color onto their snow to color it.





On Thursday and Friday I was dealing with a family emergency, that I thank everyone for all the prayers for it. For the remainder of our time snow week I did have the girls watch falling snow on youtube and we listened to "Snow" from White Christmas and "Let It Snow".

No comments:

Post a Comment